- Encounter and minister to migrant, refugee or vulnerable immigrant persons, in shelters, guest houses and/or parishes
- Visit with persons and organizations serving in the El Paso region
- Visit with persons and organizations serving the Ciudad Juarez region (optional)
- Participate in workshops on Catholic Social Teaching and migrant/border realities
- Participate in personal and group reflection and regular community evening prayer
- Live in community; longer term participants will have the independence needed to fulfill their program
Note: Though not essential, some fluency in Spanish would be beneficial.
- $300 registration fee
- Short-term immersion (up to 7 days): $100/person/night; includes program, staff assistance, lodging, breakfast food and catered evening meals; if Juarez option is chosen, lunch in Juarez
- Longer-term participation (4 weeks+, i.e., a sabbatical, a semester, a summer or a month) will have an adjusted, lower per diem
- For 8-27 day immersions, fee will be individually determined
Not included: transportation costs, to and from El Paso AND while in El Paso; insurance; lunch food, which typically will be on the road; dinner outings to restaurants as entertainment.
For additional information and to inquire about possible participation, contact us.
Please include information about your group: number of persons wanting to participate (specifying if there are any junior or senior high school-age persons, who would need to bring supervisor); dates when you would like to participate. If possible, please provide more than one option of dates.
Interested? Contact Us
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the size of your group and ideal date(s).